John Gaines joined Newmark Knight Frank’s Chicago office in 2007 and specializes in the tenant representation, landlord representation and business development of new clients in the Greater Chicagoland and Midwest region. Mr. Gaines works with clients in a wide variety of industries, utilizing strategic planning to optimally meet their needs. He is responsible for performing market research, financial and demographic analyses and for executing activities that support a variety of transaction requirements, including relocations, renewals/renegotiations and dispositions.
Mr. Gaines represents a wide range of clients with a focus on tech clients, creative users, educational groups and high-profile users. He has completed over 100 transactions with tech clients that include 3Q Digital, Computershare, Facebook, Kana, ParkWhiz, Rocket Fuel, SpringCM (DocuSign), Tech Mahindra, Top Hat, TubeMogul (Adobe), Wideload Games (Disney), Winestyr and YuMe (RhythmOne).
Prior to joining Newmark Knight Frank, Mr. Gaines worked for Huff & Gaines as a legal assistant. In this role, he successfully coordinated single-family and condominium transactions with buyers and their brokers, sellers and their representatives, lenders and attorneys. Mr. Gaines was involved in more than 500 successful transactions during his career at Huff and Gaines.
Partial List of Transactions
- UTI Integrated Logistics - 593,000 SF
- HERE North America - 232,000 SF
- Adtalem/DeVry - 198,205 SF (various transactions)
- LinkedIn - 91,000 SF
- Wilson Sporting Goods - 79,890 SF
- Intercultural Montessori Language School - 68,000 SF
- HUB Insurance - 66,953 SF (various transactions)
- Northwestern University Medical School - 60,000 SF
- Rocket Fuel - 45,000 SF
- Marcum - 37,735 SF
- Montessori Academy of Chicago - 35,000 SF
- GEMS Americas - 35,250 SF
- Youth Connection Charter School - 31,575 SF
- Oilily - 16,000 SF
- TMP Worldwide - 16,000 SF
- Lutheran Church Extension Fund - 15,000 SF
- BARBRI - 10,000 SF
Partial Client List
- Bain Capital
- Morgan Stanley
- New Era
- Pernod Ricard
- Rocket Fuel
- Wrigley Building
- Yang Ming
Mr. Gaines earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Southern Methodist University.