Jim Postweiler co-leads Newmark Knight Frank’s capital markets office team in the company’s Chicago office. He and his partners Peter Harwood and Derek Fohl focus on dispositions and recapitalizations of office space in the Chicago area and throughout the Midwest.
One of the most practiced office investment experts in Chicago, Jim has more than 30 years of experience in investment sales, mortgage financing and asset management. He has completed transactions with a total value exceeding $14 billion since the start of his career.
Jim joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2019, after 15 years at JLL. He served as managing director and co-head of the firm’s office capital markets group in Chicago, specializing in dispositions and recapitalizations of office assets.
Jim began his career in real estate brokerage in 1997 and grew to lead the Chicago office of Insignia ESG for Midwest sales.
Prior to his real estate career, Jim spent 10 years at Mutual of New York in various roles, including loan production, asset management and sales.
Clients (current and former)
|Bailard Real Estate
||Northwestern Mutual Life|
||Strategic Capital Partners|
- Parkwood Crossing, Indianapolis: $163 million
- Precedent Office Park, Indianapolis: $133 million
- Regions Tower, Indianapolis: $88 million
- Southlake Office Portfolio, Kansas City (Lenexa): $84 million
- Tallgrass Corporate Center, Chicago: $67 million
- The Easton Portfolio, Columbus: $60 million
- Parkview Plaza, Chicago: $48 million
- One Lincoln Centre, Oakbrook Terrace, IL: $44.3 million
- Easton Oval, Columbus: $42 million
- Meridian Corporate Plaza, Indianapolis: $42 million
- Lake Pointe Center II-IV, Indianapolis: $17 million
- Keystone I & II, Indianapolis: $17 million
- Two Overlook, Licolnshire, IL: 358,000 SF
- CoStar Power Broker
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Nominee, Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Harold Eisenburg Foundation
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
Jim earned a Master of Science degree in real estate and urban affairs from Georgia State University and a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.