Jim McGrath serves as an executive managing director in Newmark’s Denver office, where he specializes in tenant representation. Mr. McGrath’s expertise is in helping companies to define their real estate requirements and then financially structure solutions that maximize flexibility and minimize occupancy costs. After 34 years of practice, he has completed more than 12 million square feet of transactions, including headquarter, build-to-suits and multi-market assignments for a client roster that comprises national and international companies alike.
Mr. McGrath’s industry experience extends to numerous sectors, including legal, engineering, energy, technology, and across a wide variety of office, flex and industrial buildings, with a particular emphasis on headquarters transactions. Through his focus on comprehensive financial analysis and strategic consulting, he has developed economically sound real estate solutions for many national corporations and professional service firms.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. McGrath was an executive vice president for Savills Studley. His previous experience also includes a role as senior vice president at The Staubach Company. Mr. McGrath began his career as a CPA with Pricewaterhouse.
Partial List of Transactions
- CSG Systems, Omaha, NE (Build-to-suit Lease) - 200,000 SF
- Holland & Hart, Denver, CO (Headquarters Lease) - 180,000 SF
- Dex Media, Englewood, CO (Build-to-suit Lease) - 140,000 SF
- Dex Media, Lone Tree, CO (Anchor Tenant Lease) - 140,000 SF
- Time Warner Telecom, Englewood, CO (National Operations Center Lease) - 130,000 SF
- Time Warner Telecom, Littleton, CO (Headquarters Lease) - 110,000 SF
- ReachLocal, Plano, TX (Anchor Tenant Lease) - 100,000 SF
- Lincoln Technical Institute, Denver, CO (Regional Industrial Lease) - 100,000 SF
- National CineMedia, Centennial, CO (Headquarters Lease) - 80,000 SF
- Gambro BCT, Lakewood, CO (Headquarters Lease) - 80,000 SF
- Kutak Rock LLP, Denver, CO (Regional Office Lease) - 77,000 SF
- Black & Veatch, Denver, CO (Regional Office Lease) - 75,000 SF
- Rio Tinto, Greenwood Village, CO (Headquarters Lease) - 66,000 SF
- Mikron Group, Centennial, CO (Headquarters Build-to-suit purchase) - 60,000 SF
- Cherry Creek Mortgage, Greenwood Village, CO (Headquarters Lease) - 60,000 SF
- Red Robin, Greenwood Village, CO (Headquarters Lease) - 60,000 SF
- Extraction Oil & Gas, Denver, CO (Headquarters Lease) - 50,000 SF
Partial Client List
- Cherry Creek Mortgage
- Dufford & Brown
- Einstein Noah Restaurant Group
- Kutak Rock
- Laser Technology
- National CineMedia
- Red Robin International
- Rio Tinto
- Xanterra Parks & Resorts
- Denver Petroleum Club, Western Energy Alliance
Mr. McGrath earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting at the University of Delaware and is a non-active Certified Public Accountant.