Jerry Jacobs serves as an executive managing director in the Phoenix office of Newmark, where he specializes in the leasing and sale of office properties. Mr. Jacobs joined the company in 2014, bringing with him more than 32 years of real estate experience.
Throughout his career, Mr. Jacobs has represented local tenants that have included such national and multinational corporations as Leslie’s Poolmart, Inc., AT&T, CenturyLink, DeVry, Fujitsu, GMAC, the U.S. General Services Administration, Valeant Corporation, Verizon and Western Refining Corporation. He has also represented several clients nationally, including Crescent Real Estate and Leslie’s Poolmart, Inc. On the landlord side, Mr. Jacobs has represented such local property owners as MetLife, Everwest Real Estate Partners, LLC, the Alter Group, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix, DMB Associates, and Progressive Insurance.
Since beginning his commercial real estate career in 1985, Mr. Jacobs has consistently ranked among the nation’s top real estate brokers. He was recognized as a Phoenix top office producer eight times in his previous role with Cushman & Wakefield and seven times by Grubb & Ellis in his 10 years with that company.
Mr. Jacobs has negotiated more than 4,000 lease and sale transactions totaling over 40 million square feet for a total consideration of over $5 billion. Between 2009 and 2017, he completed 428 lease transactions totaling 6.0 million square feet, and 14 sales totaling 2.4 million square feet.
Partial List of Tenant Transactions
- Leslie’s Poolmart, Inc.: 1.6 million SF*
- TriWest Healthcare: 700,000 SF*
- Verizon: 200,000 SF*
- Del Web/Pulte: 168,000 SF
- State Farm: 158,000 SF
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals: 150,000 SF
- Bank of America: 150,000 SF
- Lewis & Roca: 131,000 SF
- Cenlar FSB: 125,711 SF*
- Maricopa County: 91,000 SF
- Gallagher Kennedy: 84,000 SF
- Square Sanders: 80,000 SF
Partial List of Landlord Clients
- MetLife: 963,000 SF
- DMB Associates: 660,000 SF
- Crescent Real Estate: 560,000 SF
- Gaedeke Group: 385,000 SF
- The Alter Group: 350,000 SF
- Everwest: 344,527 SF
- Lincoln Property Company: 158,500 SF
Partial List of Investment Sales
- Camelback Esplanade I, 2425 East Camelback Road, and Camelback Esplanade II, 2525 East Camelback Road, Phoenix: 470,367 SF, $162.5 million
- Anchor Center West, 2201 East Camelback Road, and Anchor Center East, 2231 East Camelback Road, Phoenix: 200,578 SF, $52.0 million (2010) and $96.0 million (2008)
- Camelback Esplanade III, 2415 East Camelback Road, Phoenix: 234,424 SF, $77.0 million (2006), $51.4 million (2004)
- Two Renaissance Square, 40 North Central Avenue, Phoenix: 473,392 SF, $119.5 million
- Luhrs City Center, 11 and 45 West Jefferson, Phoenix: 158,500 SF, $44.0 million
- Biltmore Commerce Center, 3200 East Camelback Road, Phoenix: 258,268 SF, $42.8 million
- 1300 West Southern Avenue, Tempe: 150,000 SF, $25.0 million
Mr. Jacobs holds a Bachelor of Science degree in real estate from Arizona State University’s WP Carey School of Business. He currently serves on the board of directors for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix.