Jan L. Decker, MAI, SRA, serves as a consultant in the Whippany, New Jersey, office of Newmark’s Valuation & Advisory. Ms. Decker has over 30 years of valuation experience in a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial real estate appraisal and consulting assignments, including easements and condemnation; office buildings; special-purpose properties; shopping centers; apartment buildings; multihousing development appraisals; financial analysis; market and feasibility studies; subdivision and land development analysis; property tax consulting; and other real estate advisory services.
Ms. Decker joined Newmark in 2017, when the firm acquired several affiliate offices of Integra Realty Resources. At the time of the acquisition, Ms. Decker was Integra’s corporate quality control and compliance officer. In this role, she was responsible for oversight of corporate compliance policy and standard operating procedures as well as the review and resolution of all product quality and client service complaints. Ms. Decker also served as Integra’s director of training, responsible for directing all corporate-wide education and training. Additionally, Ms. Decker completed various initiatives aimed at improving report quality, appraisal process efficiency and data compliance.
- MAI designated member, Appraisal Institute
- SRA designated member, Appraisal Institute
- Candidate advisor, Appraisal Institute, 2013 - present
- Certified general appraiser, state of New Jersey
- Licensed referral agent, state of New Jersey
Recognized as an expert witness, Ms. Decker has testified before various local planning and zoning boards; county tax courts and state superior courts on matters involving condemnation; ad valorem taxation; matrimonial disputes; and municipal planning/zoning issues.
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS:
- “Market Forecast for Apt. Sector Remains Strong,” Tri State Real Estate Journal, May 5, 1995
- “Apartment Market Overview,” Tri State Real Estate Journal, April 15, 1994
- Member, Boonton Historic Preservation Commission, 2006 - 2008
- Member of the board of trustees and officer, Boonton Main Street Organization, 2002 - 2008
- Member, board of adjustment, Town of Boonton Planning Board, 1999 - 2005
Ms. Decker earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and political science from Drew University. More recently, she successfully completed numerous real estate and related courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute. Ms. Decker is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members. She is also a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.