Jim Dugan is an executive managing director with Newmark Knight Frank, and is focused on tenant representation with several select landlord agencies in Suburban Philadelphia. Prior to joining NKF, he served as vice president with The Rubenstein Brokerage Group, Inc., (TRBG) responsible for their brokerage operations in Suburban Philadelphia. Prior to joining TRBG, Jim was an associate managing director with Insignia/ESG (which has since merged with CB Richard Ellis).
Jim has completed in excess of 400 transactions totaling over four million square feet and $1 billion over the past ten years. He has overseen the leasing, development and eventual sale of suburban Philadelphia’s two highest profile projects: first as a member of the acquisition and development team for a 1.75 million-square-foot office park, known as Valley Creek Corporate Center in Exton, Pennsylvania, and second as a member of The Rubenstein Company acquisition and redevelopment team for Radnor Financial Center and Radnor Corporate Center in Radnor, Pennsylvania, containing approximately 1,700,000 square feet of Class A office space.
Prior to his career in commercial real estate, Jim was employed by Price Waterhouse in New York, Bermuda and Curacao for several years in the Financial Services Practice. Leaving accounting, Jim joined Prudential Securities and then Herzog Hiene Geduld, Inc. (acquired by Merrill Lynch) where he traded corporate, mortgaged-backed and U.S. Treasury Bonds. He was extremely successful in working with corporate treasurers and chief financial officers in retiring outstanding debt on the open markets.
Professional Accolades and Affiliations
- 2004 Philadelphia Business Journal’s winner of the Best Suburban Sale and Best Suburban Lease for the sale of Radnor Corporate Center and Radnor Financial Center (+/- 1.7 million square feet - $400 Million) and the TV Guide lease at Radnor Corporate Center (125,000 square feet)
- Philadelphia Business Journal’s winner of the Best Real Estate Deals award: Suburban Office Sale - American Home Products/Wyeth Purchase ($220 Million); 2002 the Best Suburban Real Estate Lease for the Centocor Lease at Radnor Research Technology Center (252,000 square feet)
- 2001 “The Largest New Deal of the Year” in the Philadelphia Area by Mack Cali
- 1997 “ONCOR International’s Top Producer Award Nationally”
- Insignia/ESG Commercial Brokerage Division’s (Philadelphia office) “1998 Top Producer,” “1994 Rookie of the Year” and “1995 Most Tenacious Broker.”
Jim received a Bachelor of Science in accounting from Villanova University, during which time he completed United States Marine Corps Officers Training School (PLC Program), earning his commission as a Second Lieutenant in the Marine Corps Aviation Program.