CA RE License #01215546
James Mohon joined the Newmark in December 2015 as a director in the El Segundo, California, office, where he is a member of the investment sales team led by Kevin Shannon, president of West Coast Capital Markets. Over the course of his 20-year career in commercial real estate, Mr. Mohon has participated in more than 300 transactions with a total consideration of over $20 billion.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Mohon worked as a director of finance with CBRE, from 2011 to 2015. He previously was vice president of acquisitions for a private investment firm in West Los Angeles, where he specialized in office and industrial properties, and senior associate at Crown Realty & Development, where he played a key role in the acquisition of $150 million of office and industrial product in the Southeast and the management of the firm’s 5 million square foot portfolio.
- Director, Newmark, 2015 - present
- Director of finance, CBRE, 2011 - 2015
- Vice president, acquisitions, Tamkin Development Corporation, 2008 - 2009
- Senior associate, Crown Realty & Development, 2006 - 2008
- Senior Financial Analyst, Grubb & Ellis, 1999 - 2006
- Financial analyst, The Seeley Company, 1995 - 1999