Henry Kobrin joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2000 and currently serves as an executive managing director in the firm’s New York headquarters. An accomplished real estate professional, Mr. Kobrin has almost 40 years of industry experience on the service provider, brokerage and corporate real estate sides. His more than 20 years on the corporate side give him a unique perspective to his brokerage efforts in all areas of real estate, cost reduction analysis, strategic and tactical planning and project management. Over the course of his career, Mr. Kobrin has negotiated some of the most complex, sophisticated and significant real estate transactions in several markets across the U.S. He is responsible for delivering and managing NKF’s domestic and global service platform for several clients, including Interpublic Group of Companies, parent company of some of the most well-known advertising and marketing services agencies; Adtalem Global Education (formerly DeVry), including its medical and veterinary schools; and Hub International Insurance, one of the largest insurance brokerage firms in North America. To date, Mr. Kobrin has successfully negotiated more than 100 million square feet of leasing and sales transactions worth several billion dollars, in hundreds of markets around the world.
Mr. Kobrin focuses on developing an enhanced level of services for corporate clients, including the development of well-thought-out real estate strategies that align business unit requirements with overall corporate objectives. He understands the connection between the operational needs of business units and corporate strategy and the efficient utilization of real estate. In addition to integrating various required service disciplines, Mr. Kobrin is the responsible interface with client relationship managers, CEOs, CFOs and COOs. He also creates and implements specific real estate solutions, resulting in optimum financial results, metric advancement and key portfolio improvements. Mr. Kobrin has worked as a corporate real estate executive with some of the most prominent corporations in the U.S., such as Shearson Lehman/American Express and JPMorgan Chase.
Prior to Newmark Knight Frank, Mr. Kobrin served for 15 years as vice president of real estate with Reliance Group Holdings Inc., the parent company of Reliance Insurance. In this position, Mr. Kobrin ran the company’s real estate department and its subsidiaries, which have approximately 500 offices worldwide. He also served as a team leader for various large projects around the world, including the Reliance National Insurance Company headquarters in downtown New York (400,000 rentable square feet); the Reliance National offices in London, Asia/Pac, Latin America, South Africa, etc.; and the Reliance Personal Insurance Company headquarters in Cleveland and Independence, Ohio. Additionally, Mr. Kobrin negotiated and oversaw the disposition of approximately 200 Reliance offices across the U.S.
- DeVry - Sale of 200,000 SF in Fremont, 100,000 SF in Pomona, 80,000 SF in Chicago, 60,000 SF in Dallas, 60,000 SF in Addison, IL, 50,000 SF in Mesquite, TX, 50,000 SF in San Jose, CA, 100,000 SF in Miramar, FL, and 190,000 SF in Fremont, CA
- Hub Insurance - 40,000 SF in New York City, 40,000 SF in Riverside, CA, 100,000 SF in Chicago and 35,000 SF in Los Angeles
- IPG - Los Angeles - Numerous transactions, including 150,000 SF in Century City, 140,000 SF in Playa Vista, 30,000 SF in El Segundo and 30,000 SF in the CBD
- IPG - Michigan - Various transactions, including 95,000 SF and 80,000 SF in Birmingham and 55,000 SF in the Detroit CBD
- IPG - San Francisco - 120,000 SF
- IPG - St. Louis - 60,000 SF for Momentum and FCB in the CBD
- Mullen - Winston Salem, NC - 40,000 SF
- Reliance Insurance - Downtown New York City - 400,000 SF
- Reliance National - Various in London, Mexico City, South Africa and Singapore, totaling 100,000 SF
- Reliant Insurance - Cleveland - 140,000 SF
- Global Corporate Services Broker of the Year, Newmark Knight Frank, 2015
Mr. Kobrin earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Queens College, where he has also completed numerous graduate courses. Additionally, he has completed a number of advanced real estate courses at New York University. Mr. Kobrin is a long-standing member of CoreNet.