Greg Katz joined Newmark as vice chairman, Miami, in January 2015, bringing with him 25 years of commercial real estate experience. One of the most successful and sought-after tenant representatives in South Florida and throughout the Southeast, Mr. Katz has secured millions of dollars in occupancy cost savings and lease enhancements for his clients. His specific areas of expertise include strategic planning, workplace optimization, complex lease and financial restructurings, traditional leases and build-to-suit transactions.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Katz was an executive vice president with Studley (now Savills Studley). He joined that firm in 1996 and worked in its national accounts group, where he established himself as one of the firm’s top-producing brokers. In 2000, Greg moved to Florida to lead Studley’s Southern region and was a significant contributor to the firm’s growth in that region. He began his real estate career in Washington, DC, in 1990.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Bluegreen Corporation
- Delaware North
- Gunster Law Firm
- Harter Secrest and Emery LLP
- Phillips Lytle
- SBA Communications
- Spirit Airlines
- Verisk Analytics Inc.
- World Fuel Services
- Yum! Brands
- Heavy Hitter, South Florida Business Journal, 2010 and 2013
- South Florida Power Broker, CoStar, 2008 - present
- Three-time winner, Deal of the Year, NAIOP
- Honoree, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2012
- Volunteer and donor, National Parkinson’s Foundation, Palm Beach County Chapter
- Dean’s Council, Tulane University
Mr. Katz earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business management with a concentration in finance from Tulane University.