G. Edward Kerr, MAI, MRICS, is an executive vice president with Newmark Knight Frank’s Valuation & Advisory in the Hunt Valley, Maryland, office. An expert appraiser with more than 26 years of experience, Mr. Kerr has completed valuation and consulting assignments for a variety of property types, including assisted living facilities, life science (biotech) facilities, medical and general office buildings (CBD and suburban), shopping centers, apartment buildings, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, truck terminals, automobile service stations, restaurants, hotels, golf courses, residential subdivisions, and agricultural and vacant land. Mr. Kerr has performed valuations in the U.S., including St. Thomas and St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Mr. Kerr joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2017, when the firm acquired several affiliate offices of Integra Realty Resources, a national valuation and consulting firm. At the time of the acquisition, he led IRR’s Baltimore office and served on its Hospitality Specialty Group.
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Member, Maryland Chapter of the Appraisal Institute; board of directors, 2004 - 2018; president, 2008
- Member, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, states of Delaware and Maryland, Commonwealth of Virginia
- Qualified expert witness, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, state of Maryland
Mr. Kerr earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in business administration and psychology from Towson State University School of Business and Economics. Additionally, he is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members.