Edward V. Kling, MAI, MRICS, serves as a senior vice president in the Chicago/St. Charles office of Newmark Knight Frank Valuation & Advisory. He brings 30 years of appraisal experience to the practice.
Edward specializes in commercial real estate appraisals and appraisal reviews for property tax assessment appeals and other forms of litigation. He specifically is utilized for complex appeals where expert witness testimony will be required. Edward has also worked on both sides of the property tax equation, with experience as an expert for the county and as an expert witness for the taxpayers. Due to a life-long interest in aviation, Edward has also appraised many airports and airport properties.
Edward joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2019 from RVG Commercial, LLC (Real Valuation Group), where he had been president since 2000. Prior to that, he had worked for Neil Steffens, MAI, in Elgin, Illinois.
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Member, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Member, International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO)
- Member, Institute of Professionals in Taxation (IPT)
- Certified general real property appraiser, states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin
Edward earned a Bachelor of Science degree in urban policy and planning from Elmhurst College and a Bachelor of Arts degree in business and marketing from North Central College. He also completed coursework in design, engineering and urban planning at the School of Architecture at the University of Illinois at Chicago.