David J. Zimmer, SIOR, FRICS, is Newmark Grubb Zimmer’s president and principal. His primary duties include industrial and commercial real estate brokerage of properties owned by third party clients. Mr. Zimmer began his professional career with The Vantage Companies in Dallas, Texas in 1979. He returned to Kansas City in 1983 and joined Zimmer Real Estate Services, now affiliated with Newmark Knight Frank.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Bayer Corporation
- BMS Logistics, Inc.
- DHL/Exel Logistics
- Grantham University
- Hallmark Cards
- Lathrop Gage, LLP
- Russell Stover Chocolates
- CEO of the Year, ONCOR International, 2005
- Commercial Realtor of the Year, Kansas City Regional Association of REALTORS® (KCRAR), 1995
- Realtor/Salesperson of the Year, KCRAR, 1992
- Member, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR); trustee, SIOR Educational Foundation, 2001 - present; International SIOR president, 2011 - 2012; president, SIOR Educational Foundation, 2007; president, SIOR Western Missouri-Kansas Chapter, 1998
- Member, Kansas City Regional Association of Realtors (KCRAR); president, 1994
- Fellow, Royal Institution Of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Licensed real estate broker, states of Missouri and Kansas
- Supervisor, North Kansas City Levee District, 2014 - present
- Trustee, Linscomb Foundation, 2014 - present
Mr. Zimmer earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Texas Christian University.