David Simson joined Newmark in 2009 as vice chairman and chief operating officer for the New Jersey operation. Mr. Simson is charged with overseeing the region’s professionals in strategic planning, consulting and leasing advisory services. In addition, Mr. Simson serves as a consultant on behalf of clients and assists with all brokerage relations within the state.
For the past 35 years, Mr. Simson has advised many of the largest corporations and owners in strategic planning for their real estate goals and objectives. He has been acknowledged as one of the leading brokers/advisors in New Jersey as an exclusive tenant representative. Mr. Simson has represented landlords as their exclusive agent for leasing or investment sales in excess of 200 million square feet of prime office space.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Simson served as president and co-founder of GVA Williams of New Jersey and was head of operations for the 50-person company, which operated in partnership with GVA Worldwide. The operation completed in excess of $4.5 billion in transactions during his leadership.
Over the last decade, Newmark has acknowledged Mr. Simson as the firm’s top producer for the entire United States twice, in 2010 and 2012. His achievements have placed him every year in the top 100 in America.
Mr. Simson received the United Way 2017; Deal of the Year for the 430,000-square-foot Allergan transaction in Madison; Mr. Simson has also received multiple NAIOP New Jersey Deal of the Year awards: 2016’s mixed use award for the 142,700-square-foot Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Montvale; 2012’s office award for the 270,000-square-foot Realogy headquarters transaction; and the creative deal and impact award for the 173,000-square-foot Medicines Company world headquarters transaction.
In addition, Mr. Simson was honored with the Morris County Broker of the Year award twice for the successful transactions of 154,000 square feet on behalf of Pfizer, 139,538 square feet on behalf of Reckitt Benckiser and 53,984 square feet on behalf of Sordoni Construction. In 2019, NAIOP elected and honored Mr. Simson into the New Jersey Hall of Fame.
Recently completed transactions include: 879,000 square feet in Bridgewater, New Jersey, on behalf of MetLife; a 412,000-square-foot U.S. headquarters lease for Allergan in Madison, New Jersey; 190,970 square feet for Spectra Laboratories headquarters; 141,000 square feet for Blackrock Corporation in Princeton, New Jersey. Most recently in 2020 Mr. Simson completed the Blend and Extend of the headquarter lease on behalf of McCarter & English for 117,000 SF in Newark; the completion of 102,000 SF lease on behalf of both Landlord and Tenant at 5 Garret Mountain for the entire building, as well as 140,000 SF lease on behalf of RWJ Barnabas in Oceanport, NJ; the consolidation of New Jersey offices for EisnerAmper for 87,000 square feet; a 65,000-square-foot headquarters for Ansell Corporation; and a consolidation of Lowenstein Sandler, LLP’s New Jersey offices for 170,000 square feet. In addition, in 2015, Mr. Simson was the lead advisor in New Jersey for the opening of a state-of-the-art cancer treatment facility on behalf of Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Selected Tenant Representation Assignments
- Reckitt Benckiser, 812,000 SF
- Pinnacle Foods Group, 694,964 SF
- GAF, 316,000 SF
- Prudential Insurance Co. of America, 232,500 SF
- Spectra Laboratories, 190,970 SF
- The Medicines Company, 173,146 SF
- Reckitt Benckiser HQ, 155,700 SF
- Pfizer, 154,000 SF
- Lowenstein Sandler, LLP, 170,000 SF
- Memorial Sloan Kettering, 142,700 SF
- RWJ Barnabas, 140,000 SF
- Reckitt Benckiser, 139,500 SF
- Computer Sciences Corp., 135,000 SF
- PNC Bank, 131,400 SF
- Travelport, GA, 123,193 SF
- Reckitt & Colman (Toronto), 119,000 SF
- McCarter & English, 117,000 SF
- Pfizer, 112,000 SF
- US Healthcare, 109,000 SF
- The New York Times, 104,000 SF
- J.B. Holland, 102,000 SF
- Port Authority NY/NJ, 101,000 SF
- EisnerAmper, LLP, 87,000 SF
- Cole, Schotz, Meisel, Forman & Leonard, P.A., 77,000 SF
- Haier America – U.S. Headquarters, 56,387 SF
- Ansell Pharmaceuticals, 50,010 SF
Selected Owner Representation Assignments
- JP Morgan (portfolio sale), 1.2 million SF
- Keystone properties (portfolio sale), 986,267 SF
- Met Life, 879,000 SF
- International Home Foods (CA), 681,500 SF
- Woodbridge Corporate Plaza, 600,000 SF
- Alfred Sanzari Enterprises, 600,000 SF
- Lincoln Equities (Allergan US headquarters), 431,495 SF
- Alaskan Pension Fund, 405,000 SF
- Mountain Development, 400,000 SF
- RXR Realty, 313,000 SF
- Hampshire Companies, 270,000 SF
- Onyx Equities, 250,000 SF
- UBS, 219,000 SF
- Elected in 2019 into the NAIOP Hall of Fame
- United Way Deal of the Year, 2017
- New Jersey Deal of the Year (mixed use), NAIOP, 2016
- National Broker of the Year, Newmark, 2012
- One of the 50 Most Influential Real Estate Individuals in the State of New Jersey, NJBIZ - 2019
- New Jersey Creative Office Deal of the Year, NAIOP, 2012
- Real Estate Impact Award, University of Maryland, 2012
- National Broker of the Year, Newmark, 2010
- New Jersey Creative Deal of the Year Award, NAIOP, 2008
- Broker of the Year, Morris Area Development Group (MADG), 2002 and 2003
- Rising Young Stars under 40, New York Real Estate, 1996
- Industrial Office Real Estate Broker Association (IOREBA)
- National Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives (NACORE)
Mr. Simson has a Bachelor of Science degree in business and management from the University of Maryland and is an active participant within the University.