David Schwarz, CCIM, is vice chairman with Newmark Knight Frank and leader of its Capital Markets team in Houston. His responsibilities include debt origination, joint venture/equity placement and investor relations.
A 15-year veteran of the real estate investment banking industry, Mr. Schwarz has been involved in more than $6.5 billion in commercial real estate transactions. He specializes in originating debt with government-sponsored enterprises (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA), life insurance companies, Wall Street sources, banks and debt funds. Mr. Schwarz also has experience arranging and structuring joint venture equity partnerships as well as mezzanine and preferred equity investments for sponsors for commercial real estate throughout the United States.
Prior to joining NKF, Mr. Schwarz was a vice president of Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, LLC (formerly Live Oak Capital). In this capacity, he represented private and institutional clients nationwide and was one of the top originators with the company.
A Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) since 2008, Mr. Schwarz is a past president of the CCIM Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter and served on its board of directors from 2008 to 2015. He is also a licensed real estate broker in the state of Texas and a member of the Texas Real Estate Commission, National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) and International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
A sixth-generation Houstonian, Mr. Schwarz currently serves as a city councilman with the city of Hilshire Village. He has been married for more than 13 years and has three children. He and his family are partners with Grace Bible Church, and he is a member of the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Mutton Bustin’ Committee, which supports college scholarships for Texas youth.
- Heavy Hitter, Houston Business Journal, 2019
- Top 25 National Rainmaker Team, Real Estate Forum, 2015-2018
- Chairman’s Award, Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, 2013
- President’s Cup - Tier 1 Third Place, CCIM Institute, 2013
- 20 Under 40 Rising Stars, Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR), 2012
- Member, Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC)
- Member, National Multifamily Houston Council (NMHC)
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Past president, CCIM Houston/Gulf Coast Chapter; board of directors, 2008-2015
- Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy, 2014
- Landmark Awards Judge, Houston Business Journal, 2013
Licenses and Designations
- CCIM designation, CCIM Institute, 2008
- Texas real estate broker’s license, 2005
- Current city councilman for the city of Hilshire Village, Texas
- Mutton Bustin’ Committee, Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, 2013-present
- Investor advisory team, nCourage Kids
- Partner of Grace Bible Church
- Chairman, Free the Captives Annual Luncheon, 2019
- Stewards of the Wild Committee, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, 2014-2018
Mr. Schwarz graduated from Baylor University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in entrepreneurship and marketing.