David Thibodeaux, MAI, is an accomplished commercial real estate professional and manager with over 28 years of experience. Mr. Thibodeaux joined Newmark Knight Frank’s Valuation & Advisory in 2017 as senior managing director of Valuation & Advisory Services for the South Central Region. The region includes Texas and Louisiana.
Mr. Thibodeaux has performed consulting, review and appraisal services on most significant commercial real estate transactions and development projects in Texas. Additionally, he has provided expert witness testimony in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, U.S. District Court, various county district courts and in various county property tax appraisal disputes. His experience ranges across property lines and has served to establish his reputation as a prominent player in the South Central Region.
From 1997 to 2017, Mr. Thibodeaux worked at CBRE, Inc. During his tenure at CBRE, he served as director of the Financial Consulting Group (FCG), managing director of Valuation and Advisory Services (VAS) and first vice president in charge of the Investment Properties Team.
Prior to his career at CBRE, Mr. Thibodeaux spent three years with National Facilities Corporation as an acquisition analyst and served in positions as a commercial real estate analyst with Lee Burns and Company and The Harris County Appraisal District.
Mr. Thibodeaux’s experience extends over numerous property types:
- Hospitality (hotel, casino, golf course, sports facility)
- Industrial (warehouse, self-storage, business parks)
- Office (condominium, mid-rise, high-rise)
- Retail (strip, neighborhood, big box, net lease, going-concern)
- Apartment (proposed, invest grade, LIHTC)
- Litigation (tax appeal, acquisitions, condemnation, right-of-way)
- Farm Land (ranch, row crops, permanent crops)
State and Regulatory Licensure
- General certified appraiser, state of Texas
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Designated member, Appraisal Institute
Mr. Thibodeaux earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from Lamar University.