CA RE License #01051194
David Kluth is an executive managing director in Newmark’s downtown Los Angeles office, where his transaction advisory practice is focused on a wide array of user-oriented projects. As a 30-year veteran of tenant representation, David offers comprehensive expertise to successfully execute complex real estate solutions and manage portfolio account clients. To date, David has closed approximately 20 million square feet of lease, purchase and build-to-suit transactions, and he and his partner of 25 years, Josef Farrar, have built a core team of eight real estate professionals.
David’s advocacy solely on behalf of tenants has resulted in 20-plus-year relationships with clients including Brown & Riding Insurance, CallisonRTKL, Conifer Health and Wedbush. David has also completed multiple transactions for The J. Paul Getty Trust, Murad, Seyfarth Shaw and Wells Fargo Bank, among others.
Prior to joining Newmark, David was executive vice president and managing director at DTZ and Studley’s office in downtown Los Angeles, where he had his first success representing office space occupiers.
Among his industry recognitions, David was featured as one of Real Estate Southern California magazine’s “Southland Rising Young Stars Under 40” in 2005. More recently, David received the CoStar Power Broker Award, where he was recognized as the top office-leasing broker in Los Angeles for multiple consecutive years.
- Associated Materials - Global representation of AMI’s 1.2 million SF portfolio, including various lease and sale transactions with private, local, institutional and REIT ownerships throughout U.S. and Canada
- Wedbush - 100,000 SF headquarters office in downtown LA in 2000 and 2011, which included expansion, termination and of building-top high-rise signage with naming rights on Wedbush Center @ 1000 Wilshire as well as portfolio management of more than 20 leased locations nationally
- Conifer Health Solutions - More than 100,000 SF of lease transactions in the San Fernando Valley and Orange County. Most recently, he led the team in Conifer’s Value Based Care division headquarters lease restructure of approximately 25,000 SF in Encino
- AltaMed Health Services - 90,000 SF consolidation and expansion of AltaMed’s Orange County operations in Anaheim and addition of a PACE facility in Santa Ana via purchase, sublease and lease transactions
- Andersen Tax - $35 million lease relocation for its 50,000 SF downtown Los Angeles branch office
- CallisonRTKL Inc. - Multiple lease restructures supporting its changing short- and long-term business needs; 38,000 SF in downtown Los Angeles
AltaMed; Anderson Tax; Associated Materials; Buchwald; California State University; City of Los Angeles; Clark & Trevithick; Conifer Health Solutions; DLA Piper; Grant Thornton; Green Dot Corporation; GumGum; Henry Company; Hathaway Dinwiddie Construction; Jerde; J. Paul Getty Trust; LACMA; Mattel; Murad; Nuance Communications; Patriot Communications; RSUI; Seyfarth Shaw; TeamHealth; TiVo; Transportation Insurance Brokers; ViewSonic; Wedbush; Wells Fargo Bank; Wells Fargo Advisors
Achievements and Affiliations
- Board member, UCLA Blue Shield
- Board member, Rolling Hills Preparatory School
- 26-year volunteer, Pasadena Tournament of Roses Association
- Hall of Fame inductee, St. Francis High School, 2018
- Best Office Lease award, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2015
- All-American swimmer and team captain representing UCLA
- Four-time qualifier, NCAA Division I Championship
- PAC-12 Men’s Championship, 50-freestyle
David holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), where he was a four-year varsity athlete, All-American swimmer, team captain and qualifier for the 1988 U.S.A. Olympic Team Trials.