David Berke joined Newmark in 2017 as a senior managing director in the company’s New York headquarters, where he specializes in the representation of both tenants and landlords. Over the course of his career, Mr. Berke has been involved in notable lease transactions and has provided brokerage services to some of the city’s most prestigious companies in the fashion, financial services, accounting, construction and media industries.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Berke worked as a managing director in the Midtown Manhattan headquarters of Cushman & Wakefield. Most recently, he represented Sterling National Bank in its 35,000-square-foot headquarters renewal at 500 Seventh Avenue. In 2009, Mr. Berke represented fashion firms Zilli, Agent 011 and Depeche Mode in their search for office/showroom space.
Other notable recent transactions include:
- Weill Cornell Medical College: 212,000 RSF renewal and expansion at 575 Lexington Avenue
- Bank Hapoalim: 48,000 RSF at 1120 Avenue of the Americas
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation: 23,000 RSF expansion at 277 Park Avenue
- Argus Software, Inc.: 19,795 RSF disposition at 380 Madison Avenue
- Delta Bank: 11,000 RSF renewal at 650 Fifth Avenue
- Sullivan: 8,000 RSF at 450 West 14th Street
- Atlantic-Pacific Capital: 4,848 RSF at 535 Fifth Avenue (first Manhattan office)
- Vevo: various deals in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles
As a landlord representative, Mr. Berke also served on the agency teams for 1120 Avenue of the Americas and 1221 Avenue of the Americas.
Prior to Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Berke was an associate at The Vortex Group, where he completed numerous transactions as a tenant representative, including the securing of space at 747 Third Avenue for Eye Mall Media’s first Manhattan office.
Mr. Berke’s accomplishments have earned him recognition from his peers. In 2010, he was Cushman & Wakefield’s nominee for the Real Estate Board of New York’s (REBNY’s) Most Promising Sales Person of the Year award.
An active industry and community leader, Mr. Berke is a member of REBNY and a vice president of the New York Cares Junior Committee. In addition, he served as chairman of the Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association in 2012, vice chairman in 2011 and secretary in 2010.
Mr. Berke earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Gettysburg College, where he was also a four-year member and captain of the ice hockey team.