Chris Malherbe is a senior executive with Retail Occupier Services, a specialty practice within Newmark Global Corporate Services, and as such is solely responsible within the firm for integrated services delivery to retailers. Among other services provided to retailers, Retail Occupiers Services:
- Manages retail portfolios ranging from several hundred to several thousand locations
- Opens more than 1,000,000 square feet of new retail stores annually
- Administers thousands of leases, including full rent/ bill pay, and CAM audits
- Executes more than 1,000 lease renewals annually
- Delivers store relocation and disposition services
- Coordinates more than $30 million in project management annually
- Coordinates and implements integrated database, workflow management, lease administration and GIS IT solutions
Mr. Malherbe is a senior retail executive with 24 years of retail real estate field and national corporate management experience. Throughout his tenure, he has served in the role of developer, occupier, broker, and consultant.
During the 1990s, Mr. Malherbe founded and developed the largest commercial brokerage company in Oklahoma (a Grubb & Ellis affiliate), where he served as the managing director of its retail services group. After selling his interest in the company in 2001, at the peak of the real estate cycle, Mr. Malherbe joined The Standard Group, a consultancy that provided the critical functions of a retail real estate department to retailers on an outsourced basis. Clients included T-Mobile, Texas Roadhouse, Bright Now Dental, Starbucks, Jamba Juice and Buffalo Wild Wings. While serving as the account lead for Buffalo Wild Wings, he accepted the newly created position of VP/RE and became responsible for the restaurant chain’s national expansion and portfolio management programs. Mr. Malherbe served successfully in that role until returning to the consultancy in 2009. Mr. Malherbe joined Newmark in 2012.
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) - CLS
Mr. Malherbe holds a Bachelors of Science in political science from Oklahoma State University.