Christopher Crooks was appointed senior managing director at Newmark in 2018. Mr. Crooks and his team help tenants, property owners and developers of office and industrial buildings make strategic decisions that are critical to the success of their operations. Acting as a non-budgetary real estate department, the team’s high level strategic process is designed to assist their clients in making educated decisions to maximize the value of their leased or owned real estate.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Crooks worked for 24 years at Cresa in Boston and Washington, D.C., where he spearheaded numerous company initiatives to expand specialty tenant representation services. These initiatives included the Armed Forces Practice Group, which he co-founded in 2016, and an educational and cultural platform for the company’s national board of directors, which he was elected to in 2014.
Mr. Crooks is a sustaining member of the Association of the United States Army and also founder and CEO of REC4AF, a non-profit organization that dedicates itself to hiring veterans and their families into the real estate industry. Additionally, Mr. Crooks gained commercial appraisal experience at Heberger & Associates/Lexington Partners, where he was a manager and senior associate from 1992 to 1995.
Partial Client List
- CDM Smith
- Lionbridge Technologies
- Osram Sylvania
- “Teddy” Award, Cresa, 2013 and 2014
- Most Exported International Business, Cresa, 2006 and 2008
- New England Real Estate Advisor of the Year, CoreNet Global, 2007
- Largest National Account, Cresa, 2005
- Consultant of the Year, Cresa Boston, 1996, 1998 and 1999
- Military affairs committee, Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, 2019
- Board of directors, Cresa, 2014-2016
- Chairman, strategic leadership committee, Cresa, 2004-2010, 2013-2016
- Education committee, Cresa, 2012-2016
- South Shore Hospital President’s Club, 2009-2016
- Board of directors, CoreNet Global, New England, 2007-2016
- Board of directors, Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development, 2013-2014
- Captain, Team Zipcar, PanMass Challenge for the Dana Farber Institute, raising more than $3 million since 2006
Mr. Crooks earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and management from the University of Connecticut. He also completed intensive studies on the European economy, community, international finance and European-style management at the University of Limburg in Maastricht, The Netherlands.