As managing director - investment sales and capital markets at Newmark Grubb Zimmer, Chris Robertson, CCIM, is responsible for the acquisition and disposition of investment properties for individual investors, regional investment groups and institutional clients. Chris’s services include the identification, evaluation, marketing and negotiation of investment property types including office, medical office, industrial, retail, multi-family, hospitality, and land. Since joining Newmark Grubb Zimmer, Chris has handled the acquisition and disposition of more than 5.25 million square feet of investment properties valued in excess of $351 million.
Adept in the principles of real estate investment, Chris takes a quantitative approach to the business. He is proficient in several software programs including Argus, ProCalc and Excel-based financial modeling. He also utilizes CoStar, Xceligent, LoopNet and Real Estate Applications.
Chris joined Newmark Grubb Zimmer in 2014 as a financial analyst for the Investments Services Group, where he was responsible for investment financial analysis of all commercial property type. In 2016 and 2018, Chris was named one of the Kansas City Business Journal’s Heavy Hitters. In 2019, he was named one of Ingram Magazine’s 20 in Their Twenties.
Prior to joining Newmark Grubb Zimmer, Chris worked as an analyst for Integra Realty Resources. In this position, he provided valuation analysis of retail, land, multi-family, industrial and office properties. Valuation assignments were prepared on proposed, partially completed and existing structures.
Partial List of Transactions
- Lenexa Industrial Portfolio - 589,391 SF
- Epic Center Office Tower - 314,644 SF
- Front Business Center - 275,162 SF
- Mark Twain Tower - 273,968 SF
- Mission Towers Office Tower - 186,010 SF
- Northpointe Office Tower - 109,193 SF
- Kohl’s Lenexa - 105,000 SF
- Southwest Plaza Shopping Center - 100,396 SF
- Gladstone Plaza Shopping Center - 94,494 SF
- West Des Moines Office - 47,559 SF
- Westlake Springfield Shopping Center - 42,936 SF
- Douglas Station Shopping Center - 41,088 SF
- Google Fiber Office Building - 32,624 SF
- Waterloo Apartments - 181 units
- Westfield Manor Apartments - 84 units
- Greystone Fourplexes - 72 units
- Colonial Highlands - 66 units
- Mentorship program, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Board member, Northland Young Professionals, 2017 and 2018
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Education chair, board of directors, CCIM
Chris currently holds a trainee real property appraiser license for the state of Missouri. He has also completed several courses offered by the Appraisal Institute, including:
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- Supervisory Appraiser/Trainee Appraiser
- Real Estate Finance
- Statistics and Valuation Modeling 15-Hour National USPAP
Chris holds a Bachelor of Science in business administration degree with an emphasis in finance and real estate from the University of Missouri-Columbia.