Chip Hurley, CCIM/SIOR, joined Newmark Grubb Cressy & Everett in 2013 and currently serves as managing director of the firm’s office in Grand Rapids, Michigan. In this role, Mr. Hurley focuses on industrial, office and REO (real estate-owned - bank or government) property types. He has more than 20 years of combined experience in real estate brokerage, REO management and environmental consulting. He has been assisting lenders, landlords, tenants, buyers and sellers with their commercial real estate brokerage and strategic planning needs since 1996.
Mr. Hurley has been most recently involved with managing the entire ongoing preservation and disposition process of a local bank’s commercial REO portfolio. The estimated value of the portfolio was approximately $40 million and involved all commercial property types and some investment properties.
In 2000, Mr. Hurley received his CCIM designation, which represents proven expertise in financial, market, user decision and investment analysis for commercial real estate. In 2006, he received his SIOR designation, a professional symbol of the highest level of knowledge, production and ethics in the real estate industry.
- Managing director, Newmark Grubb Cressy & Everett, Grand Rapids, MI, 2013 - present
- Co-director, Ski Patrol Department, Crystal Mountain Resort and Spa, Thompsonville, MI, 2013 - present
- Real estate officer, Macatawa Bank, Holland, MI, 2011 - 2013
- Director of industrial services, The Wisinski Group (now NAI Wisinski of West Michigan), Grand Rapids, 2008 - 2011
- Commercial real estate broker, industrial specialist, Grubb & Ellis, Grand Rapids (now Newmark), 1999 - 2008
- Commercial real estate broker, industrial specialist, CB Richard Ellis, Grand Rapids, 1996 - 1999
- Environmental geologist, California and Michigan, 1992 - 1996
- Member, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR); president, SIOR Michigan Chapter, 2013 - 2014
- Member, National Association of Realtors (NAR),
- Member, Michigan Association of Realtors (MAR),
- Member, Commercial Alliance of Realtors West Michigan (CARWM)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM); former member of the board of directors, Michigan CCIM Chapter
- Licensed real estate broker, state of Michigan
- Donor and volunteer, Elves and More
Mr. Hurley earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in geology from Albion College.