Cheryl Higley is a director with Newmark Knight Frank’s Multifamily Capital Markets Debt & Structured Finance group in the Austin office. Ms. Higley has more than 20 years of commercial real estate finance experience, including 15 focused primarily on multifamily loan originations for affordable and market-rate executions. As a member of Austin’s affordable investment sales team, she offers buyers the best financing solutions nationwide. She has originated and closed more than 200 multifamily agency loans.
Ms. Higley joined Newmark Knight Frank’s predecessor firm in 2015. Previously, she was the top producer at Dougherty Mortgage covering the South Central region. While at Dougherty Mortgage, she closed more than $350 million of multifamily loans through the firm’s Fannie Mae DUS license.
Prior to 2009, Ms. Higley successfully launched and managed the Royal Bank of Canada’s multifamily small loan program. All loans originated in this program were sold to Fannie Mae. Ms. Higley began her career in banking at LaSalle Bank, where for five years she successfully originated both CMBS loans and conventional and affordable multifamily housing loans.
- Women in Commercial Real Estate, Midwest Real Estate News, 2017
- Top 20 Rising Stars of Real Estate Award, Real Estate Finance & Investment, 2008
- Former president (2004) and treasurer (2003), Dallas Mortgage Bankers Association
- Spotlight on Women in Real Estate, NJPA Real Estate Journal, 2003
- Member, National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC)
- Member, Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
- Licensed Texas real estate salesperson
- Member, United States Tennis Association (USTA)
- Active in the fight against Multiple Sclerosis
- Married with 3 children
Ms. Higley received a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Missouri-Columbia.