CA RE License #00644183
Charles “Chip” Wiser is active in complex and small leases, acquisitions and dispositions domestically and internationally. Mr. Wiser has been involved in more than 1,300 lease transactions totaling 26.5 million square feet and has sold in excess of $550 million of properties. He began his real estate career after working as a salesman for DJC Corp., a computer terminal distributor.
- Negotiated more than 1.9 million SF of multiple industrial, land, office, retail, data and call center requirements for SBC, Pacific Bell and subsidiaries (This included a 250,000 SF San Jose consolidation; 180,000 SF headquarters for Pacific Bell Mobile Services; 143,000 SF headquarters for SBC ASI; and 220,000 SF headquarters for Pacific Bell Internet Services.
- Negotiated more than 900,000 SF of headquarters and multiple data and call center requirements in San Francisco for Providian Bancorp.
- Represented AT&T Corp. in the renegotiation of its 610,000 SF western regional headquarters in Pleasanton, California. Negotiated more than 200 transactions and successfully disposed of approximately 650,000 SF of leases for AT&T.
- Represented Wind River Systems with its acquisition of 12 parcels of land for a 350,000 SF, five-building corporate headquarters financed via a synthetic lease. Represented Wind River’s national portfolio.
- Negotiated First Franklin Financials’ 90,000 SF headquarters requirement in San Jose, California, and more than 40 branch offices and call center operations throughout the United States.
- Provided Barclays Global Investors with a complex demographic and labor analysis to ascertain “like-kind” employee qualities in other western U.S. locations. This resulted in a 76,000 SF expansion to the San Francisco Bay Area and its East Bay submarket.
- Represented URS with its 72,000 SF office in Oakland, California.
- Represented Siemens Medical with a 72,000 SF lab facility in Berkeley, California.
- Represented Novartis with its 65,000 SF research and lab facility in Emeryville, California.
- Performed a labor analysis and negotiated a 58,000 SF headquarters for Rakuten USA in San Mateo, California. Also performed a workplace strategy for Rakuten’s 52,000 SF New York City office.
- Represented Adamas Life Sciences with its 38,000 SF headquarters in Emeryville.
- Represented FinancialForce.com with its global portfolio.
- Represented Dohmen Life Science Services with its global portfolio.
- Represented McKinsey & Company for the renegotiation of its western regional headquarters in San Francisco.
- Consolidated 20 nationwide Transamerica Real Estate Tax Services locations into Dallas, Texas. Negotiated the highest tax incentive and abatement package for a downtown Dallas office relocation.
Mr. Wiser earned a bachelor’s degree in social sciences from the University of California, Berkeley.