Mr. Coffin joined Newmark Knight Frank as Managing Director in 2015 and is a member of the Critical Transactions Group, specializing in Mid-Lease Term Optimization. The Critical Transactions Group is a geographically disbursed, 20-member team that works exclusively with major office users on their headquarters and mission critical facilities on a national basis. Using data & predictive analytics, the group identifies value creation opportunities for its clients, agnostic of geography or lease expiration.
The Critical Transaction Group forensically examines non-traditional opportunity indicators such as landlord investment strategies, capital stack exposure, and anchor tenant impact on asset valuation. Utilizing this approach, Mr. Coffin and the team have successfully executed over 3.1 MSF of transactions over the past 3 years with an average remaining lease term of 5.3 years.
Mr. Coffin brings with him 10 years of commercial real estate experience and has secured millions of dollars in savings for his clients through his expertise in areas such as; Accretive Value Arbitrage, EBITDA Enhancement, Balance Sheet Optimization, Strategic Planning, Workplace Optimization, Financial Engineering, Traditional Leasing, and Fixed Fee Build-to-Suits.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Coffin worked at Savills with other members of the CTG Team directly after graduating Emory University.
PARTIAL LISTS OF LEASE TRANSACTIONS
As a tenant representative:
- Bluegreen Corporation - 175,000 SF - Florida
- Belk - 473,000 SF - Charlotte, NC
- SBA Communications - 160,000 SF - Boca Raton, FL
- Delaware North Companies - 120,000 SF - Buffalo, NY
- Campus Management - 41,000 SF - Boca Raton, FL
- WellCare - 380,000 SF - Tampa, FL
- Rochester Gas & Electric - 265,000 SF - Rochester, NY
- Harter Secrest & Emery - 100,000 SF - Western, NY
- Gunster Yoakley - 113,000 SF - Florida
- Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell - 75,000 SF - Florida
- Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz - 65,000 SF - Jackson, MS
- Philips Lytle - 86,000 SF - Buffalo, NY
- Parker Poe - 83,000 SF - Charlotte, NC
- Cadwalader - 72,000 SF - Charlotte, NC
- Office Depot - 625,000 SF - Boca Raton, FL
- Emory’s Goizueta Business School Alumni Association
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation & the Perez Art Museum
Mr. Coffin graduated from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with concentrations in finance, real estate and marketing.