Bob Chodos joined Newmark Knight Frank in January 2016 as a vice chairman at the firm’s Chicago office, bringing to his position more than 35 years of real estate brokerage and advisory experience, with over 17.5 million square feet in completed assignments valued at more than $8.1 billion. Mr. Chodos is a recognized leader in Chicago’s real estate, business and civic communities. He focuses primarily on delivering workplace performance-driven real estate business solutions that improve employee performance and thus increase enterprise profits. Having spent 15 years with The John Buck Company, one of Chicago’s premier “core asset” high-rise office developers, Mr. Chodos is able to provide his clients with a unique understanding of the ground-up development process that maximizes their negotiating leverage while minimizing the risks inherent in real estate projects.
Prior to joining NKF, Mr. Chodos was principal for 11 years at Colliers International. He also served as the chairman of its Occupier Advisors Practice Group. Mr. Chodos applies a tenacious and analytically focused negotiation style to every project and has a proven reputation for delivering the most aggressive, tenant-focused outcomes for his clients. Industry sectors he focuses on include law, financial services, communications and food and beverage, to name a few. Some of his more notable clients include:
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Aon Corporation
- Dorsey & Whitney, LLP
- Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Hillshire Brands (Tysons Foods)
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- Nuveen Investments Inc.
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- U.S. Cellular Corporation
- Heritage Award, American Red Cross, 2018
- Legacy Award, Junior Achievement, 2016
- Innovative Deal of the Year, Greater Chicago Food Depository, 2013
- Westbury Award, American Red Cross, 2006
- Downtown Office Transaction of the Year, NAIOP, 2005
- Chicago Tenant Rep Broker of the Year, Greater Chicago Food Depository, 1991 and 1997; nine-time nominee
- Board member, Junior Achievement of Chicago
- Board member, Chicago Central Area Committee
- Board member, the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago
Mr. Chodos earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of Vermont.