Bill Sutera joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2018 as a vice president based in Whippany, New Jersey. Mr. Sutera specializes in performing appraisals of regional malls as well other retail property types throughout New Jersey.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Sutera served for nearly eight years as an associate director for valuation & advisory services at Cushman & Wakefield’s office in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
Mr. Sutera currently holds an appraiser trainee license from the state of New Jersey and has completed all of the required coursework for the certified real estate general appraiser license, including:
- Basic Appraisal Principles
- Basic Appraisal Procedures
- National Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
- General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach
- General Appraiser Income Approach, Parts 1 and 2
- Real Estate Finance, Statistics, and Valuation Modeling
- General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach
- General Appraiser Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
- General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies
- Commercial Appraisal Review - Elective Course
- Expert Witness for Commercial Appraisers-Elective Course
Mr. Sutera earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in accounting and economics from the City University of New York.