Benjamin Geist joined Newmark in 2019 and currently serves as a managing director in the company’s Greater Toronto Area office. A 12-year corporate real estate veteran, Mr. Geist has substantial expertise in commercial real estate, including tenant representation in the office, building/land acquisitions, professional services firms, start-up community and high technology sectors. He has conducted more than 100 transactions worth in excess of $300 million.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Geist was associate vice president for 11 years with Toronto-based Devencore Realties Corporation Canada Limited, Brokerage. In this capacity, he was responsible for implementing corporate strategies that met his clients’ real estate objectives, which involved the expansion and disposition of client portfolios, lease restructuring and re-casting, office relocation and site selection or the purchase of real estate assets.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative
- 901 King Street West, Toronto, ON, Crown Property Management: Deluxe Entertainment Canada, 62,000 SF
- 2 Fraser Avenue, Toronto, ON, Adgar Investments and Developments: Stereo D Toronto, 51,000 SF
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- 176 Front Street West and 178 Front Street West, Toronto, ON:
- Core Development Group Inc., land assembly: $40 million
Partial Client List
- Core Development Group
- Deluxe Entertainment Canada
- Ripple Ventures
- Stereo D Toronto
- Vale Canada Ltd.
- Top Producer (less than 10 years), Devencore Toronto, 2016
- Rookie of the Year, Devencore, 2011
- Member, Real Estate Council of Ontario
- Member, Toronto Real Estate Board
Mr. Geist graduated from University of Guelph, where he earned a Bachelor of Commerce degree in finance and real estate.