CA RE License #01365215
One of the most active tenant representation agents in the San Francisco Bay Area, Ben Stern is a top-producing agent for Newmark. As a vice chairman in the Palo Alto office, Mr. Stern advises clients on the development and implementation of real estate strategies and headquarter planning. His clients range from Fortune 500 companies to startups looking for their first facility.
Mr. Stern joined the firm in 2004, bringing with him an entrepreneurial background in brokerage, technology, financial services and healthcare. Since then, he has become one of the company’s top-producing agents, having directly managed the successful completion of over 1,000 headquarters leases, ground leases, build-to-suits, sales and acquisitions totaling 11 million square feet and worth more than $2 billion in consideration, including:
Partial List of Transactions
- Roche, 1.0 million SF (San Francisco Business Times Deal of the Year, 2011)
- AOL, 341,000 SF (San Francisco Business Times Deal of the Year Finalist, 2010)
- Box, 334,000 SF (San Francisco Business Times Deal of the Year, 2014)
- Cloudera, 330,000 SF (San Francisco Business Times Deal of the Year, 2016)
- Informatica, 292,000 SF (Wall Street Journal National Deal of the Week, February 2012; San Francisco Business Times Deal of the Year, 2012)
- SoftBank, 206,000 SF (San Francisco Business Times Deal of the Year, 2013)
- Counsyl, 105,000 SF
- TiVo, 103,00 SF
- TerraVia, 106,000 SF
- Financial Engines, 81,000 SF
- WhatsApp/Facebook, 78,300 SF
- AAA Northern California, 75,000 SF (San Francisco Business Times Deal of the Year Finalist, 2011)
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Stern founded and sold a software company, CenterPoint Care Solutions. He also spent four years leading a sales team at IBM/Rational Software. In 1999, Mr. Stern founded Capital Security Resources, a mergers and acquisitions brokerage. He also co-founded an investment bank in the security industry, Pelican Funding Corporation.
Regionally, Mr. Stern ranked second among all brokers every year from 2010 to 2016 except for 2011 and 2014, when he ranked first. In 2011, the Silicon Valley Business Journal named Mr. Stern one of the top 40 business executives in Silicon Valley under the age of 40 (40 Under 40). In 2004, he received the Rookie of the Year award from Newmark (NorCal).
Mr. Stern received a Bachelor of Science degree in biology/pre-medicine from the University of California, Davis, and a degree from the Sacramento Entrepreneurship Academy.