Ben Shapiro joined Newmark in 2013 and currently serves as a vice chairman in the firm’s New York headquarters. Ben possesses a depth of experience in landlord and tenant representation throughout Manhattan, with a focus on the representation of institutional owners of real estate. Ben has acted and currently acts as agent for the marketing, repositioning and leasing of a number of high-profile properties on behalf of a variety of institutional and entrepreneurial building owners, including:
- Hines, Trinity Church, NORGES (Hudson Square Portfolio - approximately 3.5 million square feet: One Hudson Square, 100 Avenue of the Americas, 155 Avenue of the Americas, 200 Hudson Street and 205 Hudson Street)
- New York Times Company (620 Eighth Avenue, 1.8 million SF)
- Paramount Group (1301 Avenue of the Americas, 1.7 million SF)
- Callahan Capital, Ivanhoe Cambridge (85 Broad Street, 1.2 million SF)
- GFP Real Estate (100 Pearl Street, 900,000 RSF)
- RXR Realty (61 Broadway, 787,000 SF)
- Angelo Gordon, Normandy, George Comfort & Sons (575 Lexington Avenue, 739,040 SF)
- Blackstone (65 East 55th Street at Park Avenue Tower, 650,000 RSF; 114 West 41st Street)
- The Moinian Group (535-545 Fifth Avenue, 532,000 SF)
- Unizo (440 Ninth Avenue, 412,000 SF)
- East End Capital (321 West 44th Street, 254,717 SF)
In addition, Ben and his team represent an impressive and diverse roster of firms. Noteworthy clients include:
|The Action Network||Joele Frank, Wilkinson Brimmer Katcher|
|Altegrity Risk International||Jumo International, Inc.|
|Blackstone ||Khronos, LLC|
|The Bleacher Report ||Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg|
|Blend Labs ||Knotel |
|Brixmor Property Group ||Marsh & McLennan Companies|
|Clayton Dubilier & Rice||Microsoft |
|Conde Nast ||New York Daily News|
|Davidoff Kempner Capital Management||The New York Times Company|
|Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP||Peloton |
|Dell, Inc. ||Pinnacle Realty|
|DeVry, Inc.||Seawolf Capital|
|FAIR Health||Sirius Satellite Radio|
|Furman Kornfeld & Brennan LP||Sterne Agee & Leach, Inc.|
|Garrison Investment Group||WalkMe |
Prior to joining Newmark, Ben served as a director with Cushman & Wakefield.
In 2019, Ben was the inaugural recipient of Commercial Observer’s Breakout Broker Award and an honoree at Connect Media’s Next Generation Awards. That same year, Commercial Property Executive named him one of their Rising Stars. The previous year, Ben received the Most Ingenious Retail Deal of the Year award from the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY), for successfully representing Peloton in the lease for its “Super Studio” at 5 Manhattan West.
Ben is a member of REBNY and the Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association of New York.
An active member of his community, Ben sits on the leadership council at Blythedale Children’s Hospital and is the founder of The Billy Mac Fund, a scholarship fund for at-need college students in the tri-state area.
Ben holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Manhattanville College, where he majored in finance and was a member of the varsity basketball team.