Bart Drummond joined Newmark in 2016 as an executive managing director in the firm’s Washington, DC, office, where he focuses exclusively on the representation of tenants throughout the Washington metropolitan area.
Mr. Drummond brings to his position 20 years of experience representing tenants in transactions that encompass all facets of office leasing, including strategic consulting, acquisitions and dispositions, site selection consultation and negotiating complex lease transactions. He is also deeply experienced in public incentive negotiations and comprehensive multi-market transaction management.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Drummond was an executive director with Cushman & Wakefield and a top producer in the Tenant Advisory Group.
PARTIAL LIST OF TRANSACTIONS:
- Catalyst Health Solutions: 450,000 SF in multiple lease locations in Rockville, MD; Orlando, FL; Chicago, IL; Avon Lakes, OH; Montgomery, AL; Las Vegas, NV; Philadelphia, PA; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; East Lansing, MI; San Juan, PR; Honolulu, HI; Jackson, MS; Frisco, TX; Des Moines, IA
- GlaxoSmithKline: 262,000 SF distribution facility lease, Colonial Heights, VA; provided public incentive negotiations
- Network Solutions (Verisign): 150,000 SF in multiple lease locations in Herndon, VA, and Chantilly, VA
- Ernst & Young: 108,000 SF; 1101 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC
- TeleCorp PCS (AT&T Wireless): 46,000 SF call center lease in Memphis, TN; 56,000 SF call center lease in Lebanon, VA; provided significant labor and demographic analysis and public incentive negotiations
- Booz Allen Hamilton: 96,000 SF; 901 15th Street NW, Washington, DC
- Ingenix Consulting: 94,000 SF headquarters lease in Falls Church, VA
- TeleCorp PCS (AT&T Wireless): 90,000 SF headquarters lease in Arlington, VA
- Blackboard: 70,500 SF; 1111 19th Street NW, Washington, DC
- United Health Group: 63,000 SF consolidation lease in Reston, VA
- McDonald’s Corporation: 42,000 SF regional headquarters lease, Bethesda, MD; The Washington Post: 40,000 SF in office lease transactions, McLean, VA, and Arlington, VA
- Toyota North America government affairs: 30,000 SF; 601 13th Street NW, Washington, DC
- EDS Government Affairs office: 15,000 SF; 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC
Mr. Drummond previously served on the board of trustees for the Sibley Memorial Hospital Foundation. He also served on the board of directors for the Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors from 2006 to 2008.
Mr. Drummond earned a Master of Science degree in real estate from Johns Hopkins University. In 2001, he received the John Hopkins University Real Estate Institute Mueller Award, which recognizes the best graduate thesis in institutional investment. Mr. Drummond also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from The George Washington University.