Barry M. Gosin has served as Chief Executive Officer of Newmark Group, Inc. (which operates as Newmark Knight Frank), one of the world’s leading commercial real estate advisory firms, since 1979. Barry guides the firm’s national and global expansion initiatives and oversees all facets of its day-to-day operations.
Barry spearheaded Newmark Knight Frank’s acquisition by BGC Partners, Inc. (“BGC”) in 2011, Newmark Knight Frank’s IPO in 2017, and its spin-off from BGC in 2018. Barry continues to captain the firm’s growth. Since 2011, he has led Newmark Knight Frank in the acquisition of over 50 companies and its increase in annual revenues of over 800 percent.
Today, with over 18,000 employees worldwide, Newmark Knight Frank and its partner Knight Frank operate from more than 480 offices throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
An active industry and community leader, Mr. Gosin’s extensive roster of memberships and honors includes:
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, Partnership of New York City
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Governors, Real Estate Board of New York
- Trustee of the Citizens Budget Commission
- Trustee of Pace University, Recipient of “Leaders in Management” award
- Honored by the Public Education Association as a distinguished graduate of New York City public schools
- Recognized and honored by the New York Junior Tennis League
- Received REBNY’s “Most Ingenious Deal of the Year” award on three separate occasions
- Received the Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year” award in 2002
Barry is a graduate of Indiana University.