Barry J. Krauser, MAI, CRE, FRICS, serves as a consultant in the Whippany, New Jersey, office of Newmark Knight’s Frank Valuation & Advisory. Mr. Krauser brings to his position 53 years of experience in real estate appraisals and counseling, including property tax consulting, financial studies, market and feasibility studies, and other advisory services. He also provides such specialty serves as litigation support and consulting as well as testimony involving general valuation litigation.
Mr. Krauser has successfully completed a wide variety of appraisal assignments, including many large tracts of land ranging from small acreage up to more than 5,000 acres; commercial and industrial properties; navigation easements, sewer easements and air rights; and special-purpose properties such as nurseries, nursing homes, automobile agencies, funeral homes, airports, marinas and ski lodges, with most assignments being litigation oriented. Mr. Krauser has also served as a consultant to great many municipalities, public bodies and industries on a wide variety of real estate matters.
Mr. Krauser joined Newmark Knight Frank in 2017, when the firm acquired several affiliate offices of Integra Realty Resources. At the time of the acquisition, he was as an executive director in IRR’s Whippany office.
- Member, Appraisal Institute (MAI); former president, New Jersey chapter
- Member, Counselor of Real Estate (CRE); former chairman, New Jersey chapter
- Fellow, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Member, New Jersey State Real Estate Appraiser Board
- Member, North Central Jersey Association of REALTORS® (NCJAR)
- Member, Liberty Board of REALTORS®
- Former member, National Governing Counsel, Appraisal Institute
- Former member, National Board of Directors, Appraisal Institute
- Former member of Supreme Court Committee, New Jersey Tax Court
Mr. Krauser is currently licensed as a certified general appraiser and real estate broker in the state of New Jersey. He is also qualified as an expert witness in New Jersey Superior Court; New Jersey Tax Court and Federal District Court. His representations in court are divided more or less evenly between property owners and condemning or taxing authorities, although he also makes some court appearances on behalf of the courts on specific assignments.
Mr. Krauser holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University. He also has successfully completed numerous real estate and related courses given by the university, the Appraisal Institute and the Society of Real Estate Appraisers. Currently, Mr. Krauser is certified by the Appraisal Institute’s program of continuing education for its designated members.