Barrett Stern serves as an executive managing director in Newmark’s New York office, bringing to his position 39 years of experience as a top commercial real estate broker /consultant in the New York metropolitan area. Mr. Stern has broad expertise in many aspects of commercial real estate. He is currently focused on representing landlords and tenants in leasing and sales transactions. He is the agent for three New York office properties totaling 800,000 square feet. One of Newmark’s top producers, Mr. Stern has been involved in more than 1,200 transactions aggregating 11 million square feet over the course of his career. Clients and peers recognize his high real estate intellect and know him as an inventive, hands-on, detail-oriented and effective problem solver.
Mr. Stern previously worked at Grubb & Ellis, now a part of Newmark, beginning in 2003. A consistent top performer, he was named executive managing director in 2007. Prior to 2003, Mr. Stern worked for seven years as an executive managing director with Murray Hill Properties, where he was the top producer.
From 1986 to 1996, Mr. Stern was president and principal of Broadwall Brokerage and Consulting, specializing in sales, leasing and consulting in New York City and Long Island. From 1978 through 1986, he was a vice president of Helmsley-Spear, where he was a leading broker for his entire tenure, with shared responsibility for the Wall Street office and sole responsibility for the Long Island office. Mr. Stern started his real estate career at Williams Real Estate in 1974.
Mr. Stern is an active member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) and is a current active member of the plaza committee, building agents rental committee, grand central committee and financial district committee.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE TRANSACTIONS:
- Century 21 Department Stores - 110,000 SF
- United States Government - GSA - 45,000 SF
- FASCore - 36,000 SF
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton - 35,000 SF
- MetTel Communications - 35,000 SF
- Booker Software - 33,000 SF
- GoldenSource Corporation- 25,000 SF
- MIP USA - 24,000 SF Condo Sale
- Metropolis Group - 20,000 SF
- Yellowstone Capital - 20,000 SF
- ContextWeb - 16,000 SF
- Five Star Electric - 16,000 SF
- HJ Rashti & Co. - 16,000 SF
- Starpoint Solutions - 15,000 SF
- Hammacher Schlemmer - 10,000 SF
- Performance Medical - 10,000 SF