Anthony Bareta serves as a director in Newmark’s Milwaukee office, where he specializes in representing both users and investors in the sale and leasing of buildings and land. Mr. Bareta’s assignments have included local and nationwide prospecting, closed bid and auction sales, confidential site searches, adaptive use and building rehabilitation, planning and zoning changes, and investment sales.
Mr. Bareta joined Newmark in 2019 following the firm’s acquisition of MLG Commercial, where he had worked since 1986. He had started at that company’s predecessor, Mooney & Associates, in 1982.
Previously, Mr. Bareta was the planning director for Milwaukee County. He also worked in the planning departments of Winston-Salem, North Carolina and Greenville, South Carolina. In this role, he prepared master plan documents and implemented their recommendations for subdivisions, zoning and capital budgets.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative
- HSA Commercial
- RobKa Investments
- As a landlord representative
- Becher Associates, LLC
- Oak Brook Apple, LLC
- Platford Realty WI, Inc.
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- Extended Stay America
- Grand Appliance & TV
- MLG Real Estate 2002, LLC
- Luterbach Construction Company, Inc.
- MLG Development
- Wheaton Franciscan
Partial Client List
- Bombardier Recreation Products
- Kohl’s Corp.
- Marcus Restaurant Corp.
- St. John Properties
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Franklin, Inc.
- Four-time recipient, Sales Associate of the Year award, MLG Commercial
- Member, Commercial Association of REALTORS® Wisconsin (CARW)
- Member, Wisconsin REALTORS® Association (WRA)
- Member, National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
- Member, Racine Economic Development Corporation (REDC)
- Member, Kenosha Area Business Alliance (KABA)
- Retired member, American Institute of Certified Planners
- United States War Veteran
- Member, American Legion
Mr. Bareta holds a master’s degree in urban planning from the University of Illinois at Champaign/Urbana and a Bachelor of Science degree in landscape architecture from the University of Wisconsin Madison.