Allan Murphy joined Newmark in 2015 as a senior managing director in the Stamford, Connecticut office, where he focuses on both tenant and landlord representation. Mr. Murphy joined Newmark from New England Land Company, headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, where he was an executive vice president for 19 years. In this role, he represented landlords, tenants and investors in the leasing, sale and acquisition of office, retail and mixed-use properties in the Greenwich and Stamford markets and completed more than 200 transactions with a total value in excess of $300.0 million.
Prior to his tenure at New England Land Company, Mr. Murphy served for 10 years in various capacities within the real estate industry, including positions as a vice president in JPMorgan’s real estate banking group, an investment sales specialist with Cushman & Wakefield, a manager of C&W’s property tax consulting business and a vice president of investment sales at the Codman Company in Boston.
As a tenant representative, Mr. Murphy’s experience includes the following notable transactions:
- Maxum Petroleum - 21,000 SF at 20 Horseneck Lane
- Restoration Hardware - 17,000 SF at 310 Greenwich Avenue
- Pierpont Securities - 13,000 SF at 2 Stamford Plaza
- Blue Harbour Group - 10,000 SF at 646 Steamboat Road
- Capula Investment - 6,956 SF feet at 55 Railroad Avenue
- Brighton Health Partners - 6,779 SF at Canterbury Green
- Greenwich Hospital - Multiple leases and sales
Mr. Murphy has also represented numerous landlords in Greenwich as exclusive leasing agent for their properties:
- 1445-1455 East Putnam Avenue - 40,000 SF office building
- 124-130 Mason Street - 20,000 SF office building
- 15 Valley Drive - 35,000 SF office building
- 289 Greenwich Avenue - 25,000 SF office/retail building
On the investment side, Mr. Murphy has negotiated millions of dollars in sales/acquisitions in Greenwich. Among these transactions were:
- 41 West Putnam Avenue - 25,000 SF ($11.0 million, or $438/SF)
- 20 Dayton Avenue - 12,000 SF ($6.3 million, or $525/SF)
- 19 West Elm Street - 12,000 SF ($4.8 million, or $400/SF)
- 55 Old Field Point Road - 11,560 SF ($2.8 million, or $237/SF)
A Greenwich resident, Mr. Murphy is a member of the Greenwich Property Owners Association (GPOA) and serves on its commercial regulations committee. He is also a committee member for the Fairfield County March of Dimes Real Estate Award fundraiser.
Mr. Murphy graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Science degree and holds a real estate sales license in the state of Connecticut.