Alex Leopold serves as a managing director at Newmark’s New York headquarters, where he works directly with the President of the New York Tri-State Region, David A. Falk. Alex represents both tenants and owners, delivering a unique market perspective and understanding, while providing new business development initiatives and client services. In 2017, Alex was selected by the New York Commercial Observer as a “30 Under 30: The Best and the Brightest of NYC Real Estate” recipient. Alex is a five-time recipient of Newmark’s prestigious National Rising Star Award and has consistently been recognized as a top producer within his peer group. In 2019, Alex was recognized as the top producing associate director of the year. Alex is also a recipient of Newmark’s Biggest Leap Award, awarded to a broker with less than ten years of experience who has dramatically elevated overall production numbers year-over-year, and demonstrated an early ability to become an elite next-generation broker.
A sought-after and highly regarded tenant advisor, Alex represents a diverse group of office space occupiers ranging from Fortune 50 companies to growing upstarts in the evaluation and execution of an intelligent real estate solution for potential lease renewals, relocations or dispositions/subleasing of office space. Working with Newmark’s Consulting Group, Financial Services Group and Workplace Strategy Group, Alex strategically aligns clients’ defined objectives to deliver creative results in maximizing/reducing occupancy costs while seeking to enhance a healthy and productive workplace culture that is essential to retaining and recruiting top talent.
As a respected landlord representative, Alex has been involved in transformative and high-profile leasing assignments, representing large institutional ownership groups, publicly traded REIT’s and private family owners. Noteworthy assignments include serving as the exclusive leasing agent for 245 Park Avenue (1.6 million square feet) and 1619 Broadway (178,000 square feet) on behalf of Brookfield Properties; 386 Park Avenue South (260,000 square feet), 503 Broadway (152,000 square feet) and 271 Canal Street (60,000 square feet) on behalf of HSR Corp.; 315 Park Avenue South (348,000 square feet) on behalf of Columbia Property Trust; 575 Lexington Avenue (740,000 square feet) on behalf of Columbia Property Trust & Angelo Gordon; 180 Madison Avenue (282,000 SF) on behalf of PGIM; the adaptive redevelopment of “The Warehouse” at 520 West 20th Street (100,000 square feet) on behalf of Elijah Equities; the repositioning of 511-541 West 25th Street (200,000 square feet) on behalf of L&L Holding Company and PGIM; the redevelopment of 695 Avenue of the Americas (300,000 square feet) on behalf of Cudge Realty; the repositioning of 192 Lexington Avenue (140,000 square feet) on behalf of Gorjian Real Estate Group; and 102 Madison Avenue (130,000 square feet) on behalf of A. Ruth & Sons Real Estate.
Partial Tenant Representation List
- Alphaserve Technologies (104 West 40th Street)
- AnswerLab (350 Fifth Avenue)
- Applied Value (350 Fifth Avenue)
- Banco de Bogota (375 Park Avenue)
- Baird (610 Fifth Avenue)
- Belvedere Capital Management (152 West 57th Street)
- CESD Talent Agency (333 Seventh Avenue)
- Cheetah Digital (222 Broadway)
- ClassPass (275 Seventh Avenue)
- ConocoPhillips (375 Park Avenue)
- Convergent Energy + Power (7 Times Square)
- Decker Communications (685 Third Avenue)
- Denodo Technologies (1700 Broadway)
- Fivesky (1350 Broadway)
- Francisco Partners (1114 Avenue of the Americas)
- Intent Media (75 Varick Street)
- INET (300 Park Avenue South)
- JS Group International (475 Tenth Avenue)
- Komodo Health (90 Fifth Avenue)
- Parkside Lending (Nationally)
- Pernod Ricard USA (250 Park Avenue)
- Smarsh (110 William Street)
- Slalom Consulting (12 West 21st Street)
- Stemline Therapeutics (750 Lexington Avenue
- TrueFacet (530 Seventh Avenue)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (129 West 29th Street)
- Vibrant Media (162 Fifth Avenue)
- Wellpartner (22 Cortlandt Street)
- Whitney Museum of American Art (440 Park Avenue South)
- YuMe (475 Park Avenue South)
Alex was selected as the sole New York representative to partake in the inaugural Newmark OSCA Exchange Program, which was developed to enhance and foster relationships and business development initiatives between international offices. Alex is also a member of Newmark’s National Technology Practice Group.
Prior to his real estate career, Alex trained and competed around the globe as an alpine ski racer. In 2009, Alex’s success earned him the chance to compete in the World University Games in Harbin, China. As a world-ranked alpine ski racer, Alex’s other achievements included winning a bronze medal in the Slovakian National Championships. He previously competed as a Junior Olympian.
Alex is a dual citizen of the United States and Canada. He graduated from Concordia University in Montreal and studied at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill as a Killam Fellow scholar. Alex is also a graduate of Burke Mountain Academy, a ski academy in Northern Vermont.