Alex Foshay serves as vice chairman and head of NKF Capital Markets’ International Capital Markets Division, based in New York. Mr. Foshay has led the division since 2018, after serving for three years as a senior managing director. Prior to that, he was a partner in the Knight Frank Central London Capital Markets team. Mr. Foshay joined Knight Frank in 2002 on the graduate recruitment program and has spent the entirety of his career in the Capital Markets division, with a particular focus on overseas capital.
Mr. Foshay devotes the vast majority of his time to executing investment sales, equity/debt placement and the provision of strategic advice. Since 2010, he has executed investment transactions in excess of $25 billion. Approximately 70% of that volume was transacted with overseas capital.
Mr. Foshay has 18 years of experience in capital markets brokerage. In particular, he has significant experience in major international marketing campaigns of gateway city investment product across the US and London. Examples include the sale of; the Bankside Estate, 10 St James, 101 Seaport, 53 State Street, Tilt 49, Micron HQ@First, the Parker Portfolio, the White Tower Portfolio, Alban Gate, C3, the Aragon Portfolio, The Bravern, Amazon @ Apollo, 99M Street, The Watergate Building, The McPherson Building and Broadway Tower.
Key clients of Mr. Foshay include ADIA, Baupost, Brookfield, Blackstone, Clarion, Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management, Goldman Sachs, HSBC Alternative Investment Management, Lai Sun Development Company, Land Securities, Legal & General, Liberty Mutual Insurance, Lincoln Property Company, Mori Trust, Mirae Asset Management, National Pension Service of South Korea, Northwood Investors, PNC Bank, Principal Financial Group, PIMCO, Rockwood, Skanska, Takenaka, Trammel Crow and Vulcan.
- Vulcan: Sale of Arbor Blocks, Seattle, to Ponte Gadea for $415 million
- PNC Bank: Sale of 49% interest in C3, Los Angeles, to Morgan Stanley for $260 million
- PIMCO: Sale of Micron HQ @ First, San Jose, to Mori Trust for $429 million
- Aragon Holdings: Sale of Aragon Portfolio, pan U.S. to Harbor Group for $1.85 billion
- Skanska: Sale of 99M Street, Washington, D.C., to Friedman Group for $163 million
- ADIA: Sale of McPherson Building, Washington, D.C., to Northwestern Mutual for $210 million
- HNA: Acquisition of 245 Park Avenue, New York, for $2.1 billion
- Ernst & Young: Sale of the White Tower Portfolio, London, to Carlyle for more than $1.5 billion
- Parker Corporation: Sale of the Parker Portfolio, New York, to a range of investors for $1.5 billion
- Land Securities: Sale of the Bankside Estate, London SE1 for $473 million
- Skanska: Sale of 101 Seaport, Boston, for $452 million
- Blackstone: Acquisition of Alban Gate, 125 London Wall, London EC2 for $450 million
- National Pension Service of South Korea: Sale of 88 Wood Street, London EC2 for $344 million
- Baupost: Sale of Urban Union, Seattle, for $270 million
- Principal: Sale of Tilt 49, Seattle, for $269 million
- Rockspring: Sale of Fox Court, 14 Grays Inn Road, London WC1 for $105 million
- National Pension Service of South Korea: Sale of 63 St. Mary Axe, London EC3 for $105 million
- Vulcan: Sale of Amazon Phase VIII, Seattle, for $245 million
- ADIA: Sale of Carmelite, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4 for $60 million
- Deutsche AWM: Acquisition of 60 New Broad Street, London EC2 from Warner Estates for $43 million
- Lai Sun Development Company: Acquisition of 36 Queen Street, London EC4 from CBREi for $26 million
Mr. Foshay holds a Master of Arts degree from Edinburgh University, Scotland where he graduated with honors in Politics in 2000. He obtained a further Masters degree the following year, in Real Estate Valuation and Law from CASS Business School in London.
In 2004, Mr. Foshay successfully passed the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence and became a member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
Mr. Foshay is a licensed Real Estate Broker in the state of New York and a member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY).