Barry M. Gosin has been a principal of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank since 1978 and has served as CEO since 1979, overseeing all facets of the day-to-day operations for the firm. Today, with over 12,000 employees worldwide, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank and its partner Knight Frank operate from more than 330 global offices, including more than 90 offices in the U.S. and offices throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. In addition to guiding Newmark Grubb Knight Frank's national and global expansion initiatives, Mr. Gosin has spearheaded the firm's merger with BGC Partners, and continues to operate the real estate division's growth. Going forward, the merger reinforces Newmark Grubb Knight Frank's capital markets platform with the real estate investment banking and debt and equity capabilities of Cantor Fitzgerald, offering clients the deepest and most diversified services in the real estate industry.
Mr. Gosin has propelled the firm's client-focused growth through a visionary approach to industry practices. Under this platform, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank's global corporate services model provides seamless corporate services solutions to clients on a global scale. Combining operations and real estate expertise, this holistic approach integrates the function of the workplace with location optimization and workflow efficiency, optimizing global operations and facilities in support of the short- and long-term financial and operational needs of corporations.
Along with his equity partners, Mr. Gosin has acquired a portfolio of over 40 properties totaling in excess of 10 million square feet, including New York City landmarks such as the Flatiron Building, 40 Worth and 740 Broadway. In 2004, he purchased the historic Bethlehem Steel site in Pennsylvania, which has been developed as a mixed-use casino, retail, entertainment, residential and cultural venue in a joint venture with the Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
An active industry and community leader, Mr. Gosin's extensive roster of memberships and honors include:
- Member of the Board of the Partnership of New York City
- Trustee of the Citizens Budget Committee
- Trustee of Pace University, Recipient of "Leaders in Management Award"
- Member of the Board and Honoree of Federation Employment and Guidance Services (FEGS)
- Honored by the Public Education Association as a distinguished graduate of New York City public schools
- Recognized and honored by the New York Junior Tennis League
- Honored by the Association for the Help of Retarded Children
- Received REBNY's "Most Ingenious Deal of the Year" award on three separate occasions
- Honored by the High School of Economics and Finance for his efforts and contributions to its library
- Received the Ernst & Young "Entrepreneur of the Year" award in 2002
- Honored by Northern Westchester Hospital as "2001 Man of the Year"
Mr. Gosin graduated from Indiana University.