As an executive vice president and regional managing director with Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, Kevin McCabe leads brokerage operations and growth initiatives for its U.S. Southwest region, comprising four offices in Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and Mexico City. Additionally, Mr. McCabe has organization oversight of NGKF's offices in all major markets across Latin America and the Caribbean. These 18 offices are located throughout Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Peru and Puerto Rico. Mr. McCabe manages revenue growth, profitability, client relations, fiduciary oversight, strategic planning, top industry recruitment and business development and has oversight of nearly 200 brokers.
Mr. McCabe provides counsel on national corporate initiatives and is instrumental in strategizing and executing expanding markets. He served as a top advisor, recruiter and negotiator in BGC's acquisition of the nation's largest privately held, full-service investment brokerage network focused exclusively on the multihousing industry-Apartment Realty Advisors, now ARA, A Newmark Company. Mr. McCabe has successfully expanded NGKF's Southwest region's client services in the areas of capital markets, multihousing, site selection, office tenant and landlord representation, retail, and single-tenant net lease. A consummate advisor and mentor focused on operational excellence, Mr. McCabe is credited with increasing the Denver office talent directory by 115% over five years to 71 experienced and talented professionals and tripling the Phoenix office talent profile. Under his leadership, NGKF advanced to rank second among Denver-area commercial real estate brokerages in 2015 and 2016 regional investment sales.
A 34-year commercial real estate veteran, Mr. McCabe's expertise includes finance, brokerage, project management and financial analysis. He brings a disciplined, decisive approach to aligning business strategies and directing collaborative environments that focuses solely on client requirements. Under his guidance, the Denver-based Frederick Ross Company transitioned into a leading regional office for NGKF and expanded into Colorado Springs, opening a new office with a market-leading brokerage team.
Mr. McCabe is widely regarded as a top business and industry professional and is frequently asked to moderate industry and development panels. The Denver Business Journal Power Book has recognized him as one of Denver's most influential C-level executives and business leaders. His previous roles include managing director of the downtown Denver CBRE office, senior vice president at Trammell Crow Company and regional leasing director for Jones Lang LaSalle.
Under Mr. McCabe's leadership, NGKF Colorado's achievements include:
- Land broker of the Year, Multihousing Broker of the Year and Legacy Broker of the Year, NAIOP Colorado, 2016
- Industrial Development of the Year and Office Development of the Year, NAIOP Colorado, 2016
- Industrial Broker of the Year, Young Broker of the Year, Top Land Broker, DMCAR, 2016
- Retail Transaction of the Year, Southern Colorado Commercial Brokers, 2016
- One of 9 professionals honored in NGKF's Top 100 Chairman's Circle, 2016
- One of 9 individuals recognized as Industry Icons by Colorado Real Estate Journal, 2016
- NGKF/ARA Newmark advanced to rank second among Denver-area brokers in 2015 and 2016 regional investment sales
- Awarded 9 of 11 top industry awards from NAIOP Colorado and DMCAR, 2015
- Industrial Development of the Year, Development of the Year and Innovative Development of the Year, NAIOP Colorado, 2015
- Downtown Denver Partnership Annual Award, in recognition of NGKF's 125-year anniversary and contribution to shaping Denver, 2014
An influential industry and community leader, Mr. McCabe's roster of memberships includes:
- Executive committee, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Real estate committee, Archdiocese of Denver
- Board member and member, NAIOP
- Member, Downtown Denver Partnership (former board member, Downtown Denver Business Improvement District)
- Member, Denver Metro Commercial Association of REALTORS® (DMCAR)
Mr. McCabe holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in political economy from Colorado College.