Thomas Lee has been actively involved in several facets of the commercial real estate industry since he began his career. Indicative of his high professional caliber, he has completed lease transactions representing over 15 million square feet in the Denver region.
Mr. Lee's extensive experience covers all aspects of landlord and tenant representation, investment sales, build-to-suit projects, land development and land sales. His client-based focus on cost-effectiveness, timeliness, and bottom-line results has earned him a well-respected reputation and long-standing relationships with clients.
He played an instrumental part in headquarters relocation and build-to-suit projects which ultimately re-shaped the city's skyline. Mr. Lee has concluded successful leasing and marketing campaigns for some of the most high-profile buildings in the Denver metropolitan area including Panorama Corporate Center, Westmoor Technology Park, MediaNews Group Corporate Headquarters, and Gates Corporation World Headquarters. He played an integral role in prospecting tenants for 1800 Larimer Street that resulted in delivering the project 78.3 percent pre-leased. Completed in 2010, it is the first high-rise office building constructed in Denver's CBD in over 25 years and one of the first high-rise office buildings in the country to receive LEED Platinum status.
Mr. Lee's understanding of complex real estate and development transactions, extensive market knowledge and strong understanding of economic indicators allows him to provide an invaluable perspective to his clients. He has the market knowledge and network to create timely, cost-effective solutions that get results.
SELECT TRANSACTIONS AND CLIENT LIST
- Westfield Development/Westmoor - 1,250,000 sf
- CarrAmerica, Blackstone/Panorama Corporate Center - 820,000 sf
- Westfield Development, Invesco/1800 Larimer (Lease) - 500,000 sf
- Lionstone/900 & 990 South Broadway (Lease) - 308,000 sf
- Legacy, Kennedy/Gates Corp. World Headquarters (Build-to-Suit) - 285,000 sf
- SKB/1660 Lincoln (Lease) - 283,000 sf
- Legacy Partners/Alamo Plaza (Lease) - 192,000 sf
- KBS/The Point at Inverness (Lease) - 187,000 sf
- Legacy Partners/700 17th Street (Lease) - 182,000 sf
- Los Angeles Daily News Publishing Company/Headquarters Building (Sale) - 123,360 sf - $29,000,000
- Media News Group (Build-to-Suit) - 675,000 sf
- Charles Schwab (Lease)- 272,000 sf
- MCI (Lease) - 107,000 sf
- Archstone Smith (Lease) - 90,000 sf
- Morgan Stanley (Two Leases) - 67,055 sf
- Transamerica Capital (Lease) - 59,000 sf
- Boy Scouts of America (Lease & Sale) - 21,000 sf Lease; 53,000 sf Sale
- Old Mutual (Lease) - 43,000 sf
- Marsico Capital Management (Lease) - 42,000 sf
- Chotin Properties/5675 DTC Boulevard (Sale) - 45,870 sf
- American Lung Association (Sale) - 40,700 sf
- Rivet Software (Lease) - 41,000 sf
- Top 10 Producer, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Denver Region,
- #1 broker 2000, 2003 and 2008, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank Denver
- Office Broker of the Year, 2000, NAIOP
- Board of Governors, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Board member, Downtown Denver Inc. (DDI) 2012-2014
- President (1992 and 1993), Denver Board of REALTORS®
- Director, University of Colorado Real Estate Council
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), since 1996
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), since 1995
- Board member, Colorado Children's Chorale
- Board of Advisors, University of Colorado at Denver Business School
- Founding member of ExecConnect
Mr. Lee is a graduate of the University of Colorado's "50 For Colorado" leadership. He graduated from the University of Colorado in 1980 with a degree in finance and real estate.